The Commercial Building Analysis Tool for Energy-Efficiency Retrofit (COMBAT) is created to facilitate policy makers, facility managers, and building retrofit practitioners to estimate commercial (public) buildings retrofit energy saving, cost and payback period. Common commercial building models area created, and the retrofit measures and their effects are pre-computed by EnergyPlus by taking different building types and measures interactions into account. The program is bilingual (English and Chinese).
- Support common commercial (public building) retrofit measures—retail building (shopping mall), and hotel retrofit models.
- Users can select default retrofit or input customized cost.
- Compare before and after retrofit conditions and calculate building energy saving.
- Calculate retrofit cost and investment payback period.
- Calculate single measure's energy saving and cost-effective performance if it is applied alone.
Building information includes: building climate region, floor areas, envelope characteristics, original lighting load density, original plug load density, occupant density, operation hours, and building's actual energy bill.
Building retrofit measures includes: envelope (exterior walls, windows, roof), lighting (outside and indoor), HVAC (chillers, boilers, pumps, cooling towers, and air handling units), plug load and other equipments. For each measure, we need to input before and after retrofit conditions.
- Use inputted energy bill data to calculate retrofit measures' saving based on the real energy data.
- Calculate the optimal cost-effective retrofit strategies or retrofit measure portfolio.
To download the COMBAT tool, please complete the download form. To download the COMBAT tool user manual (in English), please see the Downloads below.
If you have any feedback, Please contact Mark Levine, Nan Zhou and Wei Feng.
We acknowledge Energy Foundation China Sustainable Energy Program and Schneider-Electric for supporting this research. We also thank Tongji University, NRDC and Shanghai Energy Conservation Supervision Center for their inputs, suggestions and applications.