Please note: the following content is excerpt from the website of Microgrids at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. For detailed information, please visit here.
Currently, there are two major branches of DER-CAM:
- Investment and Planning: determines optimal equipment combination and operation based on historic load data, weather, and tariffs.
- Operations: determines optimal week-ahead scheduling for installed equipment and forecasted loads and weather, tariffs.
Due to the complexity of different optimization goals not all features are bundled in one of the two major branch versions and different versions within a branch exist.
The following options for using DER-CAM and its different branches exist:
- Developer's collaboration license agreement for DER-CAM
In certain cases and after having signed a collaboration license agreement, the full source code of DER-CAM can be provided for non-commercial collaboration. The developer's license is available for Investment and Planning and Operations branches in principle.
- Non-commercial collaboration web-accessible DER-CAM
This version also requires a collaboration with Berkeley Lab, but no DER-CAM code will be exchanged. This form of DER-CAM usage applies only to the Investment and Planning branch of DER-CAM. The operations versions cannot be used in this way.
- Free Distributed Energy Resources Web Optimization Service (WebOpt)
This is a free, non-commercial, limited web-accessible DER-CAM version and no GAMS is needed on your local system. This form of usage only applies to the Investment and Planning branch of DER-CAM at this point and the Operations versions cannot be used in this way. This version does not provide all features, e.g. electric vehicles or 5 min time step optimization.
Download DER-CAM feature's list.