Bin Hao was a visiting Professor wih the China Energy Group in 2013. Dr. Hao was the department head of Building Energy Efficiency Department, Science & Technology Center, and Ministry of Housing Urban Rural Development (MOHURD) China. During his stay he worked very closely with Dr. Nan Zhou & Dr. Wei Feng on a number of building energy efficiency projects.
Hao Bin is a professor and Division Chief of Building Energy Efficiency Development Division, Centre of Science and Technology of Construction, MOHURD. His research focuses on Building energy efficiency, Renewable Energy, and Heat Metering and Billing, etc.
Dr. Hao Bin won two second-awards and two third-awards of HuaXia Construction Science and Technology Award, which is Ministry level award. The division he lead won the honour of “National Advanced Group of Energy Efficiency of 11th five-year” in 2012. He is also a reserved overseas official of the Ministry of Science and Technology and as an expert of the World Bank from Oct. 2005 to April 2006.
Dr. Hao Bin is the member of Editorial Board, journal of Building Energy Efficiency and Construction Science and Technology. He is also the Director of Chinese Renewable Energy Society, Committee Member of China Green Building Council, Heating Metering Professional Committee and China Building Material Test & Certification Centre.
Codes and standards he attended
(1) Basic Terms of Building Energy Efficiency (National Standard, ongoing);
(2) Engineering Evaluation Criteria for Renewable Energy in Buildings (GB/T50801-2013);
(3) Building Energy Efficiency Labelling Technology Standard (JGJ/T288-2012);
(4) Revision of the Technical Specification for External Thermal Insulation on Walls (JGJ144-2005);
(5) Revision of the Technical Specification for Energy Conservation Renovation of Existing Residential Building (JGJ129-2000);
(6) Building Solar Energy Photovoltaic System Design and Installation Atlas (10J908-5).
Books as chief editor
(1) Building Energy Efficiency and Clean Development Mechanism (ISBN 978-7-112-11869-4);
(2) Building Integrated Photovoltaics Engineering Design (ISBN 978-7-112-14015-2);
(3) Heating Metering and Billing Theory and Practice (ISBN 978-7-112-09338-0).