Lixue Cai was a visiting Senior Professor, China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, Sinopec Limited. She was with the China Energy Group from 2012-2013. During her stay Professor Cai worked on a number of projects on energy policy, energy demand, energy supply, reserve and output, resource management and other energy efficiency projects.
Lixue Cai has more than 20 years’ working experience in China's petroleum industry. She is a senior geologist with professorship. Most of her research has been in planning of resource development strategy, but her current research focuses on petroleum policy analysis and resource management.
Lixue Cai got a BS and MS fromNorthwestUniversity, received her doctoral degree from China University of Mining and Technology, and took her post-doctoral research in China University of Petroleum. Upon graduation fromNorthwestUniversity, she joined the Daqing Oilfield Company Limited of China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), where she engaged in petroleum resource assessment, petroleum system analysis, petroleum exploration strategy and natural gas exploration. Since 2005, she has been working for China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (SINOPEC), the largest energy company inChina, and does medium and long term petroleum policy research. Up to now Dr. Cai has undertaken many research projects, and won several science and technology awards from CNPC and SINOPEC.
- Lixue Cai, Wenling Xiao. Strategic value in exploration decision to take best traps to drill in frontier areas, Technology and Enterprise, 2011, 199(11):177-178.
- Xiangbin Yan, Chaoying Liu, Lixue Cai. Study and discussion on the methods of plays Evaluation, Oil and Gas Geology, 2010, 31(6):857-864.
- Lixue Cai, Xiaohui Jin, Wenling Xiao. Diagenetic evolution and its effects on hydrocarbon migration: a case from Fuyang reservoir in the Qijia-Gulong Sag, the west Songliao Basin, Oil and Gas Geology, 2008, 29(4):460-465.
- Lixue Cai, Xiangbin Yan.Optimization of traps to drill in frontier areas: the discovery probability of hydrocarbon-strategic value, Journal of Daqing Petroleum Institute, 2007, 31(2):28-30.
- Lixue Cai, Quanjin Qiu, Chaoyang LI.The geological risk analysis in petroleum prospecting, Journal of Daqing Petroleum Institute, 2007, 31(4):25-28.
- Lixue Cai, Xiangbin Yan.Qualifications for seismic technology based on the analysis of failure wildcats, Journal of Daqing Petroleum Institute, 2007, 31(5):31-33.
- Lixue Cai, et al.The technical specification of trap evaluation, SINOPEC,Q/SH 0346-2010