The U.S. and China work together to offer programs to professionals, scholars and researchers from the U.S., China, and around the world to work on topics related to energy and energy efficiency.
- Must have a background in energy and/or energy efficiency, with demonstrated relevant research and/or publication experience
- Are chosen by committee
- Typically come from universities, industrial enterprises, trade associations or other organizations we've collaborated with
- Demonstrate basic English proficiency
- Must identify a relevant research project as part of the application process
- Commit to a period of three months up to one year
- Secure funding to support expenses for the duration of the assignment
Prospective applicants should contact Sammi Leung (WYLeung@lbl.gov(link sends e-mail)) for further information and instructions. Ms. Leung will conduct an initial intake, and then put the candidate in touch with the appropriate member of the group to identify the degree to which there are common interests between the applicant and the China Energy Group, prior to application submission.
Applications are selected throughout the year and are typically acted upon shortly after receipt by Berkeley Lab.
For a list of current and former visiting scholars please visit: china.lbl.gov/staff